Thinking about building your dream DIY gaming desk? Get inspired by these projects to conceptualize your DIY battlestation using fittings and pipe!
Cody, Alex, and other creative tubetinkers have made some interesting projects which you’ll find featured in this post. Whether you are looking for inspiration to build a desk to work, play, or both, you’ll probably find great ideas here, all built with tinktube’s pipes and fittings, and different types of surfaces fixed it. Check it out!
2. DIY gaming desk made to hold 3 screens
The monitor stand of this DIY gaming desk lets you fix 3 screens to it! A shelf was added on top of the station for extra storage space. Our tubetinker installed a bottom sliding surface for the keyboard, designed a left-side shelf to place the computer on, and a right-side shelf for extra storage space. This a great DIY gaming desk configuration!
If you’d like to build something similar, here are the parts you’ll need:
3. Ergonomic DIY mega desk
This ergonomic DIY mega desk made with pipes and fittings features an awesome angled surface big enough for screen and keyboard, a triple monitor setup with extra shelves which is great to fix a lamp, and a side shelf for the computer. Space is optimized and the station is perfect for hours of epic gaming!
4. Custom double gaming desk
This double gaming desk has been specially designed to create two separate gaming spaces. A spot between the two desks has even been reserved to place a racing wheel! It was built with black tubes and connectors and a wooden surface was placed on top to complete it. Inspiring, isn’t it?
5. DIY computer desk with shelves
This computer desk has been designed with several shelves, providing plenty of storage. There is enough space to place the computer tower directly on the desk and thus have it within easy reach! No more bending over to start the computer!
6. Cody’s DIY gaming desk
This project built by Cody Wilmer is a great idea for a DIY gaming station and has lots of potentials! The screens are fixed to a structure that leaves room for new possibilities. Gamers could add some shelves, other monitors, or speakers to it. The bottom surface is big enough for the computer and other items that might be useful to keep close.
7. DIY pipes and fittings desk with a built-in hammock chair
Cody Wilmer built this project for his girlfriend. He can be proud because it is absolutely unique! His DIY pipes and fittings desk with a built-in hammock chair is perfect for any type of use. He fixed a light wood surface to it and used the white tubes for a nice, clean look.
8. An efficient DIY gaming desk
This simple, yet efficient gaming desk is made of black tubes, black and chrome fittings, and wood surfaces for an industrial style. What’s great about DIY furniture made with pipes and fittings is that it can keep evolving over time. You can start with a simple design and add features to it, test out some options or even change the whole project, but use the same parts again and again! Check out this Pinterest board for inspiration.
9. Alex’s DIY desks and tables
Alex’s DIY desks and tables have three special features:
- He painted the surface himself to reproduce a night sky with stars -awesome design-.
- He designed a built-in, angled footrest to optimize the comfort of the desk;
- The angled pipes fixed to the structure make the desk much sturdier.
10. DIY desk on wheels
Another great example of pipes and fittings DIY desks which can be great for office work or gaming :
- This standing desk is on wheels, so it can be moved around easily.
- They’ve fixed a footrest to it.
- There’s also a bottom sliding surface for the keyboard.
- A vertical storage system is fixed to the side of the desk for paper or other office supplies.
- They’ve fixed sneezeguards to it, to adapt the office workstation to COVID-19 protection guidelines.
11. DIY corner desk idea
Great for work or gaming, this DIY corner desk idea is completely build with pipes and fittings, and a wood or melamine surface.
12. A DIY standing desk
Luke Kennedy’s original standing desk is great for both work or gaming. He thought of awesome features to add to his project:
- He designed an optional shelving unit that can either be fixed to the wall or the desk.
- He fixed casters to the desk so he could roll it outside and work from his patio.
- A bottom sliding surface lets him save some space and work on an ergonomic station.
- He designed a built-in USB charging station for the desk so he doesn’t have to unplug everything when he moves the desk!
13. A corner gaming desk
If one room in your home allows it, a corner desk can be a good choice… especially if you need an ergonomic space where you can mount multiple screens to play! Your gaming chair can slip into specific parts of the desk, depending on your screen set up.
Interested in building this gaming desk? Here is the free plan.
14. A desk for two-people gaming
At home, you might not be the only person who needs a functional workspace to play. This computer desk, fixed along the entire length of the wall, allows two people to play in the same room, at the same time, while having a space adapted to their respective needs. Thanks to the tubes and connectors, you can also add storage space to organize your important documents or games
15. A shelf gaming desk
This computer desk is ideal for those who live in an apartment or those who have a small room dedicated to work. You just have to build a tablet a little wider than the others so that you can fit an ergonomic chair. Bonus: you can also use this gaming desk for storage, if necessary!
16. A computer desk with a superimposed screen
With the help of tubes and tinktube connectors, you can imagine and create an extraordinary computer and gaming desk. If you are a multiple screens gamer, now you can build the desktop of your dreams!
If you liked these DIY gaming desk ideas, you should also take a look at our Unique Industrial DIY Furniture Ideas with pipes and fittings.
Get free plans and exclusive offers!
Get the latest free plans, members only offers, free support, tutorials and inspirations right in your inbox!